- Davidson County Trial Courts
- Davidson County Criminal Court Clerk
- Davidson County Drug Court
- Davidson County Sheriff’s Office
- Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee
- Tennessee Department of Safety
- Tennessee Department of Safety – DUI Facts
- Tennessee Department of Safety – DUI Offenses
- Tennessee Department of Safety – DUI Statistics
- Tennessee Drivers License Legislation
55-10-401 Driving under the influence of intoxicant, drug or drug producing stimulant prohibited — Alcohol concentration in blood or breath.
It is unlawful for any person to drive or to be in physical control of any automobile or other motor driven vehicle on any of the public roads and highways of the state, or on any streets or alleys, or while on the premises of any shopping center, trailer park or any apartment house complex, or any other premises that is generally frequented by the public at large, while:
(1) Under the influence of any intoxicant, marijuana, controlled substance, controlled substance analogue, drug, substance affecting the central nervous system or combination thereof that impairs the driver’s ability to safely operate a motor vehicle by depriving the driver of the clearness of mind and control of oneself which the driver would otherwise possess; or
(2) The alcohol concentration in the person’s blood or breath is eight-hundredths of one percent (0.08%) or more.
55-10-453 Disposition of remainder of fines.
The minimum and maximum fines for driving under the influence of an intoxicant in existence prior to July 1, 1994, shall continue to be collected and distributed as otherwise provided by law.